Operations Manager - Now Hiring!
Capital Sisters International is a nonprofit organization that raises funds for microfinance institutions that make tiny business loans to impoverished women in developing countries. We created the first women’s bond in the world to raise the money. One of the few “gender-lens” investment products available to the general public, our $1,000 zero-interest bond finances a $100 loan for ten women every year it is invested.
We have established Revolving Loan Funds in 25 countries to date, using a “Blended Capital” model that combines philanthropic and investment capital to support women entrepreneurs in some of the world’s poorest communities. Working through our non-profit microfinance partners, we have raised $12 million dollars for 120,000 micro loans, benefitting 600,000 family members who depend on those businesses. Our organization has also invested significant resources in educating local, national, and global communities about the benefits of impact investing with a “gender lens” and the effectiveness of microfinance in eradicating poverty.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to help the organization implement its National Expansion Plan to fund $20 million in micro loans, improving the lives of one million people. Capital Sisters is headquartered in Golden, Colorado, but its staff works primarily in a virtual office environment.
We are looking for an experienced business person to manage our operations. This team member will be responsible for the efficiency of the business and for identifying process improvements, in order to contribute to sustainable growth. They will report to the CEO and work closely with the Capital Sisters staff to execute the activities listed below. Being part of a small team provides the potential for significant impact and growth. The position will be 15-20 hours per week, with the opportunity for growth over time. Staff meet weekly in Golden or via Zoom, but otherwise work remotely.
Specific responsibilities, some regular and some occasional, with the support of other staff, include:
Operations Coordination – This position will develop and manage internal processes that will help the organization run efficiently. These tasks will include:
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Maintain the electronic filing system.
- Manage the organizational calendar and insurance needs.
- Coordinate charitable and other business registrations.
Database Management – One of the primary responsibilities would be to ensure end-to-end database integrity, managing system inputs to optimize tracking, and reporting and analyzing donor and investor data. Tasks related to this will include:
- Oversee Salesforce database, ensuring the integrity of data – Our Salesforce platform includes our investor data as well as information pertaining to the thousands of micro loan clients we have funded. We use this information to provide impact reports to our investors.
- Oversee input and maintenance of donor, investor, and contact data.
- Oversee regular reporting and prepare ad hoc analytical reports as needed.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements to improve efficiency.
- Manage and report investor and portfolio data, including: coordinate with staff to receive accurate bond investment data, enter and manage bond investment data in Salesforce, generate monthly Salesforce reports of bond investments, loans to international partners, and related cashflow, and assist the Senior Program Coordinator in uploading and coordinating micro loan data and photos into Salesforce database for input into investor communications such as the Client Investment reports.
Technology – This position will oversee and protect electronic filing system integrity and other technology assets and processes, identify technology needs and contribute to technology strategy, help oversee an upgrade of our cloud-based business suit, and help other staff in implementing technical updates to our WordPress website.
Human Resources – This position will update Employee Manual and policies as needed, act as point of contact for personnel issues and communications, and coordinate hiring processes as needed.
Board of Directors/ Loan Committee – This team member will coordinate and attend meetings, prepare materials and minutes in collaboration with the CEO and staff, and present operational materials and coordinate with Director of Finance to present financial materials to the Board as needed.
Communications – This position will assist the CEO and the Senior Program Coordinator in preparing and tracking donor, investor, and stakeholder communications, assist the Senior Program Coordinator in executing periodic electronic mailings (in MailChimp) and event invitations (using Paperless Post), and help support a year-end mailing to 1000 recipients; support the development team as needed.
Events – This team member will support the team as needed with fundraising, bond marketing and educational events which range from small house parties to 200 person events in public spaces.
Financial Planning – This position will also provide input and support as needed to the Director of Finance for monthly financial reporting, the annual audit and 990, and budget development.
Capital Sisters International is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with the following characteristics:
- 5-10 years of professional work experience in an operations role.
- Relevant education/ experience in business management and tech applications.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience working with Salesforce software.
- Project management experience with ability to multi-task, prioritize, anticipate deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, solve problems and make decisions.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and QuickBooks to support the Finance Director.
- Comfortable supervising and collaborating with staff and outside vendors and contractors.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with technology (in addition to Salesforce) including Office, MailChimp, Paperless Post, or similar platforms and WordPress.
- Willingness to respond to periodic time-sensitive needs outside of normal work hours.
- Highest degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality of information.
- Self-motivated and able to work virtually but also a team player who works well in a small but collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Salary and Benefits
Target base pay: $28-$35/hour. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Capital Sisters offers a robust vacation, holiday, and flex-time policy in addition to health benefits and parental/family leave.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide information that demonstrates the skills and experience you will bring to the position and the reason you have chosen to apply with Capital Sisters. Please let us know where you saw this job posting.
Capital Sisters is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, training, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.